Monday, October 09, 2006

The Wizard, The Witch & Two Girls From Jersey by Lisa Papademetriou



(273 pages)



When mortal enemies Veronica Lopez and Heather Simms get hit by a bar code scanner while fighting over the last copy of Queen of Twilight, it takes them a moment to realize that they aren’t in a New Jersey bookstore anymore. In fact, they’re in the novel. Too bad they don’t realize it until after they accidentally kill the book’s heroine, Princess Arabelle, aka "The One." Only The One can restore light and peace to the land of Galma, long held in thrall to the evil Twilight Queen. Now Veronica and Heather have no choice but to try to save Galma from the Twilight Queen. But can the two girls find their way to the end of the story and home again without destroying Galma - or killing each other?

I loved this soooo much :D I devoured it in a day, i simply couldn't put it down!! I loved te characters, although Heather drove me insane at first (I mean a health spa in a cave with assassin bugs :o for goodness sakes!!)!!! Lol!
The additional characters of Chattergee, Karn and especially Dogget, not forgetting all the monsters and creepy crawlies, made the story rattle along at a fine pace, with plenty of things going on to keep me hooked.
I couldn't wait to see how it ended, and just as woth the movie Shrek, I felt that there was a moral undercurrent running through that left me with a big smile on my face :)
What a great read!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! It was one of the best books I have ever read.