Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore



(275 pages)



Little Joshua Barker is sure that he saw Santa take a shovel to the head, and now the seven-year-old prays for Santa to come back from the dead. There's an angel waiting in the wings, but he's botched his sacred mission and sent the residents of Pine Cove headlong into Christmas chaos.

This has to be one of the most bizarre Christmas Books I have ever read!!
I did enjoy it, and the sick humour and the Christmas surprises at the church were hugely entertaining and more than a little bit warped, but it really wasnt what I expected...
It has made me want to read more of his stuff, but I am still undecided...
Certainly not a Christmas story for the faint hearted!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This author seems to be pretty popular. Just the other day, someone I knew told me that she went on a book-buying binge from this author. I've picked his books up and put them down. Do you think I should start with this one as a first-timer?